Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1993 14:37:15 EST
> A few Maine players have done this in past Olympic years, including
> Eric Weinrich and Mike Dunham.

Dunham was, if I remember correctly, a late addition to the team.  Goalies are
also in a somewhat unique situation.  Would Tim Taylor really agree to
having three key members of the team not play in the training tour?  Oops....
forgot that Kariya is a Canadian...would the Canadian coach agree?  Time will
tell......

If they do skip the training tour is that really fair to the other players?  UVM
had a great player in the late seventies name Craig Homola (perhaps I've got the
spelling wrong).  He was offered a late opportunity to join the U.S. Olympic
team and turned it down because he didn't think it would be fair.  The year?
1980.  Wonder what he thinks now.........

--
Jon Greene
Data General Corp., Westboro, MA