From:
Joel Graber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Graber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1993 12:17:00 EST
With regards to the usage of "you bet" and "eh", please don't make the
assumption that all people who use "eh" are from north of the border.
As a born and bred Yooper (that's person from Michigan's Upper Peninsula)
I can tell you that it's not purely a Canadian trait!  What's more,
the two combine into a very popular response-  so next time someone
asks you if your team played a good game, you answer "Youbetcha, eh!"

Joel Graber                Michigan Tech  '87       Go youse Huskies!
[log in to unmask]  Cornell  '93             Go Big Red!
  Every party needs a pooper, that's why we invite a yooper!