From:
Jonathan Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jonathan Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 23:21:36 EST
Allow me to introduce myself, I am the President of the Brown Band and
would like to address some of the comments made about us:

>period.  Brown did have their pep band there, the 3rd band to visit
>Achilles this season.  As Keith Reynolds reported, Union is
>considering banning opponents' bands, but more on that later.  The
>Brown band attempted to march in through the late-arriving crowd, but
>that didn't seem to work.  It also seemed that many of the band's

We tried to march in, but since our tickets had been misprinted we headed
to the wrong section.  We are usually much more of a presence. We also had
come direct from Providence.  What do you want?

>members were too old to be college students.  (Does the Brown Band

Every band member that was there is currently enrolled at Brown University
Perhaps we appeared too mature?

>also have alumni members?)  And something I have never seen before:
>The Brown Band played "three blind mice" when the refs were skating
>around before the 2nd and 3rd periods.  That's not unusual, but I've
>never seen a referee come over in front of the band and start waving
>his arms like he was conducting the band like Marty McDonough did!  At
>least these guys have a sense of humor about all the abuse they take.

Let's hear it for the refs!  They were cool!