From:
Kenny Zalewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1993 08:08:03 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:
>REF REPORT: Noeth and Melanson did both games at RPI this weekend. They
>made some good calls, missed some obvious calls and confused me on the
>rest. I'll be generous here:
>
>               Friday         Saturday
>NOETH          5/10             6/10           11/20 total on the weekend
>MELANSON       5/10             6/10           11/20   "    "   "   "

I thought they did fine jobs on both nites...  are you sure you are
qualified to judge officials, especially with such a detailed and
fine-tuned rating system?   :-)

>I've heard two different stories on what happened next. 1. Some fans sitting
>in Section 12 spit on the Brown U coach, and/or 2. (the version from the
>SUNDAY TROY RECORD) someone threw an orange and it kloked Bob Gaudet in the
>Back of the head. The RECORD went on to say that there was a verbal exchange
>and Bob contemplated throwing the orange back but didn't, and said later

I think this whole incident is an embarassment to our school, especially
if someone did indeed spit on the coach.  Being spit on is about as
degrading as it gets, and spitting on someone is one of the lowest things
anyone can do.  I'm glad the coach didn't decide to retaliate, because,
given the stature of the average RPI student, Samaritan Hospital would
have had one extra patient from RPI that nite.

>THROWING THINGS/FREAKOUT SOUVENIER: This year's souvenier was a "clapper",
> It was the second best
>souvenier I've seen at the Freakouts I've been to, the first being the 1991
>Megaphones, of course!!! They also made great projectiles at the end of the

You actually LIKED this thing?  It was about the cheapest item I've ever
seen.  Everyone was complaining because after about 2 minutes of clapping,
the material started tearing.  I mean, it was free and all, so I don't
expect anything great, but geez, at least give us something that might
last beyond the first period.

>Troy! Sorry! -HH1) TO THE FANS:    BRING YOUR AIR HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Try this: Everytime you feel the urge to flip off someone or throw something
>on the ice, vent those urges by blasting an airhorn at the visiting bench
>or ref or offending opposing player, etc. It's more effective!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh great, air-horns...   the Monica Seles of college hockey.

>The highlight- the annual striptease where a member of the band (female)
>wears a dozen or more sets of thermal underwear, etc. and strips to the last
>set of clothes. Done in the last six years by "Anne", someone else did it
>this year, someone I don't know. As for the small Brown band in section 1,
>they didn't have a prayer of a chance against 5000+ RPI fans!!

The new "cadet" stripper was Michelle Robinson.  Of course, everyone
on campus knows her as "Spunky".  She was great!

>3. The silence of the SWARM!!!!!! The Swarm is making a comeback! Or at
>least I hope. I'll let you in on this - I'm the guy with the cheaply made
>SWARM mask! Saturday night, the real swarm was at the Field House but was

3b. "Kill the Bee!"  Thanks to Rich, this old cheer was brought back
    also.  In previous years, it was used when the Bee would come over to
    a section and start doing hand-raising things, while the action on
    the ice was more important.

--
Kenny Zalewski -- Computer Science Department; Intramural Department
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 83 Albright Court, Troy, NY, 12180