From:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1993 22:58:13 -0500
The Terriers exploded for four goals in the third period to hand the host
UMass-Lowell Chiefs their fifth consecutive loss in HE league action tonight.
Steve Thornton tallied twice to lead the Terriers and Ken Rausch, Jay Pandalfo,
Doug Friedman, and Dave Sacco all added goals to raise BU to 5-3 in HE and
11-4 overall. Scott Cashman, despite a shaky first period in net, shut
the door on UM-L in the 2nd and 3rd periods to notch 27 saves. Chiefs starter
Dwayne Roloson held the Terriers in check until the third but managed 19
saves (I think) in the losing effort.
BU squares off with Providence this weekend in a home-and-home series
but tangles with the Chiefs twice more before the end of the month (1/27
at BU and 1/29 at UM-L). Tonight's game marked BU's 8th straight win for
9 our of their last 10, dating back to Nov. 24 4-3 win over Harvard at
Brown Arena.
Unless someone else can post the box first, I'll have it tomorrow afternoon.

--Sid
BU '94