From:
Tim Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1992 09:37:24 EDT
Having just recently begun collecting hockey cards, and having just recently
completed a set of Topps 90 -91 cards, I know for a fact that there were
a couple of NHL players on Team USA (Moe Mantha was one, I can't think of the
other one I have).  I have no problem with NHL players on Team USA, but as
John H. said, don't rearrange the schedule for them.  This way, if they still
want to play, like Moe Mantha and that other guy who I can't think of, they
will be there because they really want to be.  Why else would a pro take time
off of the season to play?  Certainly not for money!  The only reason I could
see a pro taking off for part of the season if to make a name for themselves.
This could be why Ray LeBlanc stopped playing in the IHL to play on Team USA.
Had Team USA brought home a gold, Chicago may have been a lot more interested
in him, along with the expansion teams Tampa and Ottawa, regardless of his age.
But no all-star NEEDS to make a name for himself.

I like the way it is now....

* Tim Harrison   *  Canton Street Hockey Association      *
* R3TLH          *  Canton, Ohio                          *
* AkronVM        *  Team Captain, North Canton FUSION     *