From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2016 10:04:59 -0400
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I no longer check this email account regularly. As I recall the
first #16 overall seed to win a game (2 games, actually) was Bemidji in 2009. That year the
committee swapped them with Ohio State (#15 overall) as a straight 1 vs 16 and 2 vs 15
would have had OSU playing #2 Notre Dame. So instead BU got OSU and Notre Dame went
home early. I also believe that Bemidji had an RPI below .500 that year

Sean