From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 05:01:16 +0000
St. Lawrence defeated Yale, 4-3, late in the first overtime period. Same two teams play again tomorrow night.

St. Lawrence scored very early with a fluke goal  that I missed but heard the Yale crowd moan as I waited at the Will Call window.  Yale came back and tied it up and then went ahead with 2 more goals.  All three of Yale's goals were power play goals.  It seemed to me that SLU wasn't not playing well at all until they finally killed a penalty in the third.  Shortly after that kill the Saints scored and their play definitely improved. SLU scored a tying goal that lead to overtime.  It was late in the overtime period when they finally scored the winning goal to take the lead for the first ime since the first minute of the first period.  Since I was at the game I didn't hear all the goal scores.  I will cut and paste the box score from the ECAC website:

Scoring Summary
--  1st
 --

    St. Lawrence