From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:11:24 -0500
That's interesting.  According to a USCHO story posted on March 6,   Yale's
Sean Backman sustained a serious foot injury and his season (and college)
career is over.  This takes him out of the skills competition and more
importantly, deals a blow to Yale as they enter the ECAC quarterfinals this
weekend.

 I have a question about the skills competition as I haven't been to the
Final Four since the skills inception.  I notice several players listed
whose teams are likely to be selected for the NC$$ tournament.  Assuming
their teams make it to the final four and assuming their teams win their
semifinal games,  do these players still compete in the skills competition
even though they will be playing for the national championship the following
day?
If I was a coach with a shot at the national title the next day, I'm not
sure I would be happy to see one of my star players competing on what should
be a day of rest before the big game.

Or maybe I'm just old and the effort that is expended in the skills
competition is no big deal