From:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:41:44 -0500
Obligatory college hockey content: in the photo accompanying this story,
the young Minnesota Master Of The Mullet is wearing a Fighting Sioux
jersey...

-Indy

===============================
http://www.republican-eagle.com/articles/index.cfm?id=49822&section=News

Goalie locks
Jen Cullen
The Republican Eagle (Red Wing, MN)

Published Saturday, April 26, 2008

It may be a fashion no-no, but Brady Arneson wears his mullet with pride.

The 3-year-old Red Wing hockey player recently took first place in the 2008
Minnesota Mullet Contest put on by Hockey Moms Magazine.

“Great mullet Brady!” the magazine said of Brady’s golden locks. “Mullets
look great peeking out of the back of the helmet and your blond locks are
just right.”

Brady’s business in the front, party in the back style is family tradition.
His older brother, Blake, won the same award in 2005.

Brady and Blake’s dad, Goodhue County Administrator Scott Arneson, also
sported a mullet - also known has hockey hair - as a child.

“But they didn’t have the award when I was younger,” he said.

Mullet mania reached its peak in the mid to late 1990s, but the hairdo is
still popular with certain people, including hockey players.

“A lot of the hockey kids want their hair to hang out the back of their
helmet,” Scott said.

Scott and his wife, Nina, hadn’t planned on their boys winning awards for
their mullets.

Mom and dad were about to cut Blake’s hair when they learned from a family
member about the Hockey Moms mullet contest.

Blake took first place but at age 5 says he prefers his shorter ‘do to his
award-winning locks.

Brady - the latest award-winner - said Friday that he likes his hair but is
excited to get it cut for the warm summer months.

So the fashion no-no will soon go bye-bye.

“They had that nice baby hair that we didn’t want to cut off,” Scott said.
“But we’re going to cut it off pretty soon and cool him down for the
summer.

“Blake hasn’t had a mullet since he won the award.”