From:
Moller Edward N <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:50:15 -0400
That's very presumptuous of you, that the other conferences would take
in programs orphaned by the demise of a conference.  Why would the WCHA
want to have Bemidji and Air Force thrust upon them, especially if they
are happy with a 10-team league?  Suppose if the CHA were to go out of
business, would the member universities keep a D-1 program with no
conference to house them?  A program without a conference is a serious
money/scheduling/recruiting problem.

You are correct that it is the number of teams, and not the number of
conferences, that drove the increase to a 16-team tournament.  But
without the conferences, you don't have the programs.  That's a
catch-22, and Rick Comley should understand that.

________
Edward N. Moller
Controller and Assistant Treasurer
Mount Ida College
777 Dedham Street
Newton, MA  02459-3323
Tel  617-928-4515
Fax 617-928-4581

Mount Ida College provides a diverse community of learners a challenging
education that blends the liberal arts with professional preparation.
We dedicate our energy, imagination, and resources to empowering all
students to achieve academically and contribute responsibly in a
changing world.