Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 06:49:00 EST
"Tomorrow night is the Big Red Freakout against Brown. Local weather  reports
are predicting a nor'easter with six to twelve inches of snow or twelve  to
eighteen inches and winds in excess of 40 mph (depending on which TV station
you watch)."

Well, having lived here since 1977, I learned not to listen to the  local TV
station weather reports. My personal opinion is that the  local weather foofs
(not misspelled) merely take the weather channel's  predictions, and tweak
them to be their own versions, with even less accuracy  then the original
"guess".
I just went online to the weather channel website, and got their weather
forecast for Troy, as of Sat Feb 11 @ 6 AM:

Today (Saturday)
Sunshine along with a few clouds.  High 31F. Winds light and  variable.

Tonight
Cloudy skies this evening.  A few snow showers developing late.   Low 19F.
Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.  Chance of snow 50%.

Sunday
Periods of snow.  Cold.  High 24F.  Winds N at 10 to 20  mph.  Chance of snow
90%.  Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

The storm really should not affect the attendance at the game, at least for
local drivers - no snow until 3 am!
Hopefully RPI wins the game on their own merits, but it may not hurt that
Brown might be distracted by the forecast.
Either they haul ass after the game back to Providence (where the snow is
predicted to start at around 9 pm or so,
and continue all night into Sunday for a total of 6-10 inches), or they  stay
overnight and drive thru heavier snow.
Either way, they have it better then Yale does, the forecast for New Haven,
CT is for 2-4 inches more snow than Providence.

And for some hockey talk, since this should not be just a weather  list.
Glad to see Brad Farynuk back, hope the others are not far behind.
RPI's passes looked crisp last night, but I agree with Mark Lewin,
although I am not the first (or 2nd or 3rd) to yell "shoot the puck",
you really do have to shoot SOMETIME during a power play!

LET'S GO RED!!!

- John Leimonas, RPI  '81