From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:11:55 -0500
I wonder if this is the year that USCHO fails to name the field, unless
they really do know the bonus(es) for non-conference quality wins to be
used by the NCAA Committee?

Also, varying the bonus(es) from none through those used by Jayson Moy
in his Bracketology series of columns on USCHO.com, dramatically affects
seedings from position #1 through #14!

Would it be too much to hope that the Committee will reform selection
and seedings before their 2006 work? We have a good system, but it could
be so much better with a no-secrets mathematically sounds selection,
with a seedings process a bit more flexible.  Just my opinion.

Also, can anyone explain to us how the conference tournament win against
a weak opponent works, please?  The brief description on USCHO.com says:

   "that game can be thrown out of the RPI calculation for that team"

I have assumed that the "opponent's winning percentage" portion of the
winning team's calculation will not include the weak team just beaten,
... or is it something else?

Note to USCHO.com: please indicate the games affected by this "tweak" in
the schedule, not just teams with tweaked games!

cheers, wayne