From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:56:01 -0400
Here is some additional information for several teams.  It can be
debated whether of not temporary home rinks should be included, but I
have listed them when known to me.

Army
Bear Mountain Rink
Stuart Rink
Smith Rink
Tate Rink

Boston College
Boston Arena
University Rink (on campus) *
Ice Pavilion (Cambridge) *
Boston Arena
McHugh Forum
Walter Brown Arena **
Conte Forum
* used while Boston Arena was rebuilt after the 1918 fire
** two seasons while Conte Forum was being built (games also played
at Matthews Arena, Bright Center and Boston Garden)

Boston University
Boston Arena
Walter Brown Skating Pavilion
Harry Agganis Arena *
* opening Jan. 2005

Clarkson
Clarkson/Walker Arena
Cheel Arena

Harvard
Boston Arena
Boston Garden
Watson Rink
Walter Brown Arena *
Bright Hockey Center
* one season while Bright Hockey Center was being built

Maine
outdoor rink (1923-24)
Alfond Arena

New Hampshire
unnamed outdoor rink
Batchelder Rink (outdoor)
Snively Arena
JFK Coliseum *
Whittemore Center
* one season while Whittemore Center was being built

Northeastern
Boston/Matthews Arena

Providence College
Rhode Island Auditorium
Meehan Auditorium *
Schneider Arena
* one season while Schneider Arena was being built

Yale
Bishop’s Pond
New Haven Arena
Ingalls Rink

I have not listed dates, as that would require additional research which I
currently do not have the time for.

Sean

On 9 Aug 2004 at 18:58, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>        On a slow Monday, here's a trip down memory lane with a
>        nostalgic
> revisiting of  many ECAC/HEA barns that either are no more, or are
> currently used for purposes other than ice hockey:
>
> Team                                   Past
> Present
>
> ARMY                                   Smith Rink
> Tate Rink
>
> BOSTON COLLEGE                              McHugh Forum
> Kelley Rink in Conte Forum  (same site)
>
> BOSTON UNIVERSITY                       Boston Arena
> Brown Skating Pavilion
>
> BROWN                                   Rhode Island Auditorium
> Pollard Rink in Meehan Auditorium
>
> CLARKSON                                   Walker Arena
> Cheel Arena
>
> COLGATE                                   ??? (outdoor)
> Starr Rink
>
> (opened in 1959)
>
> CORNELL                                   Beebe Lake Rink
> Lynah Rink
>
> COLUMBIA                                   St. Nicholas Arena
> ---
>
> DARTMOUTH                                   Davis Rink
> Thompson Arena
>
> HARVARD                                   Watson Rink
> Bright Hockey Center  (same site)
>
> MAINE                                   none previous
> Alfond Arena
>
> (opened in 1977)
>
> MERRIMACK                                   ???
> Lawler Arena in Volpe Athletic Center
>
> (opened in 1972)
>
> NEW HAMPSHIRE                           Snively Arena
> Towse Rink in Whittemore Center
>
> NORTHEASTERN                               Boston Arena
> Matthews Arena  (same site)
>
> PENNSYLVANIA                              Class of '23 Rink
> ---
>
> PRINCETON                                   St. Nicholas Arena
> Baker Rink
>
> PROVIDENCE COLLEGE                  Rhode Island Auditorium
> Schneider Arena
>
> QUINNIPIAC                                   Hamden Ice Forum
> Northford Ice Pavilion
>
> RENSSELAER                                   none previous
> RPI Field House/Houston Field House
>
> (opened in 1949)
>
> ST. LAWRENCE                                ???
> Appleton Arena
>
> (opened in 1951)
>
> UMASS - AMHERST                      Orr Rink
> Mullins Center
>
> UMASS - LOWELL                         Tully Forum
> Tsongas Arena
>
> UNION                                   ???
> Messa Rink in Achilles Center
>
> (opened in 1975)
>
> VERMONT                                   none previous
> Gutterson Fieldhouse
>
> (opened in 1963)
>
> YALE                                   New Haven Arena
> Ingalls Rink
>

>        Please feel free to fill in the blanks or amend this
> [...]

Sean Pickett           E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers