From:
Dave Chamberlain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Chamberlain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:59:56 -0500
I almost never post but generally reply to induhviduals (intentional sp) and
did so to Bob Griebel.

I will repeat here; Michigan grad ('62,'62,&'65) and season ticket holder.
Also ARMY since my son played goal for them '94-'98; got to see a lot of HE
and ECAC arenas in those days when Army could schedule against many of those
teams each year, and occasionally, even defeat. Best remembrance for all you
Cornell fans is the 4-1 defeat of Cornell in 95/96 at Army where the Cornell
team was required to run the stands for a half hour in full gear(sans
skates/ goalie pads) and, as I was told, ride back to Ithaca without
showering, so upset was the new Cornell coach at losing to lowly Army. The
next year, I watched at Ithaca, the freshly motivated Cornell team manage to
tie Army 1-1 (4 days earlier, I watched as Cornell tied at #1 Michigan 3-3;
both years Cornell did win the ECAC). Not to imply anything but Cornell has
not scheduled Army since !