From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:33:14 -0500
My PERSONAL take on video replays is "Forget about it." I don't like
them on ANY level in ANY sport. Sports are played imperfectly by
imperfect people and are officiated by the same. If they were not, every
game would end in a tie. Plays aren't reviewed to see if a PLAYER make a
mistake.
The argument is made in the NFL that "too much is riding" on the game.
Without getting into the gambling mess, too much is riding on what?
I'm as passionate about MY teams as anyone. I have five shares of Boston
Celtics stock just so I can say I'm a limited partner and own part of
Cousey, Sharman, Russell, Havlicek, etc. But it's a GAME. Get a life.