From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:16:17 -0500
Moller Edward N wrote:
> How's this for an idea.  Somebody who posts on the USCHO board who is a
> regular subscriber to this list posts a message on the USCHO board extolling
> the virtues of Hockey-L.  Invite the masses who want to see the light to
> come over here.

Pretty good idea, Edward!

We certainly don't have a bunch of people actively finding new
subscribers like we used to back in the beginning years.  The result has
  been few few new subscribers and even fewer new writers.

Sometimes it seems to me that everyone on Hockey-L actually wants to go
to the Frozen Four.  That's certainly part of the attitude we tried to
shape in our new subscribers.  But we had a chance to do that attitude
adjustment because we had the info on each of their teams and each of
their team's opponents.  Now, with USCHO providing the information and
local team web sites and fan groups, it's a hard sell to get the "homer"
to look at the great game of "college hockey".

It kind of makes me feel like a dinosaur.  On the other hand, economic
and efforts of a few may someday make USCHO disappear.  Then we'll have
a real chance to fill a void. But not a day I would look forward to,
since USCHO does such a great job.

cheers, wayne