From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:10:39 -0500
After 5 years of running the NC$$ contest, I'm all set to go for year number 6. I struggled the first few years to come up with a spreadsheet so I could do all the work beforehand and just fill in the scores on a large spreadsheet as games were played and all the contest results would be calculated automatically.  I finally succeeded in doing this last year.

So naturally, with the tournament expanding to 16 teams, the spreadsheet has to change this year. I've seen the tournament schedule on the NCAA website but haven't seen anything about match-ups. Does anyone know where (or if) a decision has been made about matchups. I presume each of the 4 regions will have games of seed 2 vs 3 and seed 1 vs 4 with the 2 winners playing in the regional final.  What then? In the past, there has been a predetermined set of semi-finals. Will that happen again or will there be a reseeding after the regional finals?
I could understand the desire to reseed . Has anyone seen this
documented anyplace?