Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 11:15:16 -0700
On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> The hypocrisy of taking marginal "students" loading them
> up with the rigors of a sport like hockey and then taking the athlete to task
> is all part of the Faustian bargain that big time college athletics and
> universities have made with each other-give me a break.

It does make me question my judgement to think that I agree with Larry on
something but this is it.  Big time college sports is rotten to the core
and the pretense of education is just that, pretense, at least in the big
three--and at some hockey schools as well.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC
GO BU!!! GO GIANTS!!! GO CANADA!!!