From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 00:50:56 -0500
Bob Woodbury wrote, in part:
 >Guess in fairness, I have to ask when it is OK for a player to assult a
 >coach. I think the answer, in this day and age, is that the player
 > knows he can get away with it.

Yet I was reminded today by a coach (of another sport) that the coach
has powerful techniques available to control player actions, including
withholding playing time and deciding who remains on the team.

Most or all coaches probably try to limit retaliations against
opponents, as they hurt the team and do not show good sportsmanship.

But then, former Coach Morris' comments seem worded to imply little or
no retaliation.

By not cooperating with the school's investigation,  Mr. Morris makes
such discussion purely an academic exercise, IMHO. :-(

cheers, wayne