Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:44:54 EST
Funny, the same thought crossed my mind about his defense of Morris.

I don't know that he would be criticizing his employer per se (since in that
analogy he would have nine of them), but I agree that he would have a lot
more on the line if this happened to a Hockey East coach.  What he would do
in that case would depend on his character and what he would be willing to
risk, two things I know nothing about Bertagna.  What does strike me is that
both sides, Bertagna and the Clarkson admin, are only weighing one side of
the story - partly by circumstance.  If Bertagna in fact didn't contact
Clarkson before making public his letter, then his comments are irresponsible
at best.  Clarkson's administration isn't doing any better by pertpetuating
any of it.

Ultimately, Morris left his fate in the hands of the Clarkson administration
by not participating in the investigation.  In effect, he threw up his hands
and said "do what you will."  Ultimately, his job is no different than your
or mine.  I know of a lot of people who have lost their jobs for less than
not cooperating in a serious matter.  That, I think, is what got him fired.

Ninety per cent of this whole incident never should have happened in the
beginning and should still not be happening.  This whole mess is embarrassing
on a lot of levels.

-Todd
http://members.aol.com/todnielson/creasemonkey.html

In a message dated 12/6/02 12:46:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,