From:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:52:16 -0400
Actually, I thought the attendance figure was pretty much on target.  I was
sitting on the lower level and during the second period I looked up and was
surprised to see the balcony pretty much full on either end and the middle.
At the start of the game, the place was pretty much empty.  Do Northeastern
kids listen to the game on the radio and figure out that, if NU is doing
okay, it might be worth wandering over from their dorm to the game?

On the other hand, I didn't think the save figures were accurate at all.
Gibson and (especially) Ayers both made some fantastic stops but, quite
honestly, I thought Ayers had to handle more than Gibson.  But, in any case,
there is no way that there were 97 shots on goal in the game.  The shot
keeper must have been the same one doing the SLU-BU four overtimer at Albany
a couple of years ago.

Greg Ambrose