From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:10:55 -0500
"Sara M. Fagan" wrote:

> St. Lawrence Saints won the ECAC championship game tonight over Cornell
> by a score of 3-1.

The win also gave Saints head coach Joe Marsh his fifth ECAC championship, the
most ever by an ECAC coach.  Marsh had previously been tied with Cornell's Ned
Harkness and BU's Jack Parker with four each.

> Third Period:
>     SLU - Fyfe (ENG)
>     COR - sorry but I didn't get the name

The Cornell goal was scored by David Kozier.  This goal left Symington a mere
66 seconds away from becoming the only goalie in ECAC history to post shutouts
in back-to-back ECAC tournament games.  With St. Lawrence's shutout win in the
championship game last year (courtesy of Derek Gustafson) and the semifinal
blanking last Friday, the Saints posted a Lake Placid shutout streak of
208:22.

--
Bill Fenwick                            Email:  [log in to unmask]
Digicomp Research                       Voice:  (607) 273-5900 ext 32