From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:19:18 -0600
It is with somewhat mixed emotions that I am stepping down as administrator
of the Hockey-L list as of January 1.  There are several reasons, but mostly
it just comes down to being tired of doing it.  I'm not sure how long I have
held this post (at my age its easy to lose track of things like that) but I
am sure it is over 3 years now.

Mostly, its been fun.  The reason I agreed to administer the list in the
first place was because it was such a civil list.  There was enlightened
discussion from knowledgeable persons, little woofing, and no flame wars.
All three things still hold true today and I have every intention of staying
active on the list.  I greatly appreciate the tone of conversation on this
list and thank all of you for making the job of administrator easy.  But, as
with all things, there eventually comes a time to move on.  Since I have
lost my enthusiasm for doing the small amount of administrativia that needs
to be done, it seems best to let someone else step up to the Blue line.

Luckily, we have a very able person willing to take over:  Bill Fenwick.
I'll continue the duties through December (unless Bill decides he wants to
dive in earlier).  I trust everyone will continue to make the job easy for
Bill when he steps in.  There will, of course, be other anouncements on this
changeover.

So, TTFN, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to the list which is
still, IMO, the best discussion list on the net.

Tom Rowe  -  Hockey-L Administrator
Department of Psychology
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point