From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:17:46 -0500
On Oct 28, 14:44, John Whelan wrote:
>I notice that the Cornell-Princeton and Brown-Yale scrimmages from
>this past weekend have disappeared from USCHO's records.  (And as last
>year, the events at Chelsea Piers are still schrouded in mystery.)
>Does this mean that their official status is as something less than
>exhibitions?

Their official status is "scrimmages" which I guess is indeed something less
than an exhibition.  Note that things like the Cornell Red/White game, an
intra-squad scrimmage, often don't show up on schedules.  My understanding is
that Saturday's Princeton-Cornell scrimmage more or less approximated a real
game (three 20-minute periods).  I don't know about the Brown-Yale scrimmage,
if it did in fact take place, but last year, when those two met in the
"pre-season", they played a pair of 40-minute games.

One might wonder what Harvard and Dartmouth were doing over the weekend, and
why they didn't scrimmage and make it a clean sweep for the Ivies :-)

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95                                             DJF  5/27/94
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  JCF  12/2/97
"Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains.  Pretty violent
 image there.  I think if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it,
 maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem right now."
-- Jerry Seinfeld