From:
Craig Lisko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 08:14:38 -0400
Forgive me if I am repeating something.

I remember that in order for us to go to "captain's practice" we needed to pay $45
to "participate".  NCAA had put down the rules that this ice time must be
available to all students. The standard "procedure" by all teams was to have the
number of spots open equal to the number of players on the team.  One year we had
a couple of people attend who had been recruited by the coaches but did not make
the team.

I think that the NCAA feels that all students who are interested will be allowed
on the ice with the team but could you see a University losing a star player as a
result of a "student" injuring them?  That would be a nice mess for the NCAA.

I personally think that this is outrageous and overpriced. I could see $50 maybe
even $100.  All I know is that's alot of pizzas that those guys will be missing
out on.

Craig Lisko
Ferris State 1990-1994

[log in to unmask] on 09/21/98 08:01:02 AM

Please respond to [log in to unmask]