From:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:36:45 -0800
>In a message dated 9/5/98 3:22:19 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
><<5. Mouth guards - Rule 3-4-c
>Officials and coaches must continue to emphasize the importance of the
>mouth guard. The rules committee is steadfast in its efforts to ensure
>that all players wear mouth guards.>>
>
>This is a joke. WCHA officials NEVER emphasize this in any way...mouthguards
>dangle all over the place before, during, and after play. How is it in other
>leagues?
>
>Randy May
Same in CCHA, where last year many players didn't even bother with them,
and many that were worn were minimalist and provided no protection. I don't
believe I've EVER seen this one called.
--jeff partnow

Jeff Partnow-- <[log in to unmask]>
(Note new email address. Big ol' PTI inhaled Polarnet, and now my email
access is crappy, so be patient.)