From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:17:51 -0400
Thanks Robb ... I see now where I was confusing. Yes, I think BC will get
the #1 nod from the coaches in HockeyEast and possibly from the voters at
USCHO (although UND should grab several #1 votes in that poll). On paper, I
can not argue with them. BC has the top "proven" returning players, but I
feel BU's program has more depth as well as more than sufficient talent and
will prevail by the season's end.

Any hype on the Cornell goalie recruit Matt Underhill from Notre Dame
(SJHL)? You'll certainly need someone to step in and try to fill Elliot's
shoes ... it'll be tough. This kid looks capable though and I see he's
bringing one of his defenseman along with him, Alex Gregory. Lowell got the
Hounds #1 defenseman - Chris Gustafsson. I'm looking forward to seeing him
play as well as his teammate Yorick Treille ( originally from France ).

Notre Dame has been a good source of players for HockeyEast in recent years.
I believe they're a high school that has a team who plays in a junior league
against teams with older kids. Its a good program with strong academics.