Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:13:35 -0500
> In the last 10 years or so, has there been a case of a true walk on (ie
unrecruited) making it > and taking a regular turn on a Div 1 varsity team?

Does 15 years count as 10 or so?

From everything I've heard, Dave Shippel (a.k.a. "5:55" -- and how many
people in our studio audience know why? ;-), outstanding performer for
Cornell's mid 80's teams, was entirely unrecruited, spent one season on the
(now extinct) JV squad, then excelled on the varsity for the final three
years.