From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 12:40:48 -0500
>>*UNO is hoping for an announcement within a month for an exemption much like
>>Mankato State's where they will be eligible for NCAA tournament play next
>>year. Normally teams are eligible in their third year, Mankato State was
>>able to get the appeal approved and are eligible in this, their second
>>season of Div I hockey.
>
>        Okay, now that makes is sound like games against UNO don't
>count for NCAA tournament selection, but games against Mankato State
>do, given the statement from the NCAA News report on last summer's D1
>Men's Hockey Committee meeting:
>
>" With regard to the rating percentage index (RPI), the committee also
>" voted that games against emerging programs (institutions starting new
>" hockey programs that are not eligible for championship competition)
>" would not be considered.
>
>        Doesn't it?

Beats me, I do think Mankato State's do count, since they are eligible and
will be going into post season play in hte WCHA tourny as the #10 seed(or
howveer that discussion earlier described it). As far as UNO's games, I have
no clue. I just know they're fun to watch(even if it is disheartening to see
them lose all the time).

Ben F.
U!N!O! U!N!O!