From:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:32:42 -0600
Mr. Lindman, it's like my first comment said.  I don't CARE how
successful the Minnesota Gophers are in basketball....an over-hyped pep
rally at Williams Arena is NOT more important than a quarterfinal College
Hockey game, or any other live sporting event for that matter.  And no
Mr. Lindman, I will NOT "keep quiet" as you told us to.  I'm sick and
tired of all you college hoops fans wanting more and more and more
coverage.  Like my first post said, you guys already get all the coverage
your little hearts desire on all the other networks.  Meanwhile, all of
us College Hockey fans are ignored, laughed at, and stomped on.  This
little trick by Minnesota Sports Channel is a huge slap in the face of
ALL College Hockey fans.  To even THINK that a hoops "pep rally" is more
important than a national playoff hockey game is the height of arrogance
and greed by fans of Vitale-ball (my new pet name of College
Basketball).  If this outrage is unanswered by us fans, we might soon
find that the NCAA Hockey Championship game scheduled for ESPN this
coming Saturday has been pre-empted by a College Basketball Highlights
show, hosted by Dick "Hey, BABY!!!" Vitale.  Exaggeration?  I don't think
so.  Thank you, Minnesota Sports Channel, for the slap in the face!!!!!

There, I feel a little better now!  GO SIOUX!