From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 13:07:29 -0700
I lifted this from the Clarkson roundtable.  Thanks, Rich.

With apologies to Billy Joel

THE ZAMBONI MAN  (Melody:  The Piano Man)

It's six o'clock on a Saturday
The student crowd shuffles in
There's a frat boy sitting next to me
Sipping booze that he always sneaks in

He says, "Boy, do I love college hockey games
I think they're much better than pros.
'Cause they're just as exciting, without all the fighting
And you must buy tickets for those."

Clean off the ice, you're the Zamboni man
Clean off the ice tonight
'Cause we're all in the mood for a hockey game
And you've got us feeling all right.

The visiting goalie's a sieve, you know
His only saves come off the poles
And he scrambles like mad, and he stacks up the pads,
But they always can find his five-hole.

He says, "Coach, I will give you my best tonight"
And he begs, "Will you put me in, please?
Well, I'm sure that this time I can shut them out
If they would stay out of my crease."

Now, Paul's back at school for a hockey game
This time he has come with his wife
And he's talking with Randy, who still is a "Bandie"
And probably will be for life

And the zebras are skating to "Three Blind Mice"
As the goal judge is testing his light
The foundation is shaking from all the noise
And it should be one hell of a night

Clean off the ice, you're the Zamboni man
Clean off the ice tonight
'Cause we're all in the mood for a hockey game
And you've got us feeling all right

"It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday,"
The Zamboni man thinks with a smile
"And I know 'cause of me, they've got somewhere to be
To forget about class for a while."

And the pep band leads with a battle cry
And the visiting team is in fear
And the students are fast to shout over the glass
And say, "Sieve, you'll be sorry you're here!!"

Clean off the ice, you're the Zamboni man
Clean off the ice tonight
'Cause we're all in the mood for a hockey game
And you've got us feeling all right.

Thanks to:
TMB , Clarkson '88

Joe