From:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 11:40:12 -0600
I have read the responses to my tirade against the NC$$ and ESPN.  To
those that said it isn't a conspiracy that College Hockey doesn't get
media attention, I must disagree with you.  Let me ask you guys a
question:  Do you think that college football and basketball got popular
with the general public by accident?  The answer is of course not.  They
are popular sports today because the NC$$ poured time, money and other
resources into them.  The most important of these is the TV contracts
that gave the sports exposure and that got people interested in following
the sports from pre-season to tournament time/bowl season.  No matter how
great your product is, if you don't advertise it, it won't sell.  The
sport of hockey has just started becoming popular in the United States.
This is the right time to start promoting College Hockey and exposing
more people to it.  But, the anti-hockey NC$$ won't here of it.  Why?
Just read my previous posting for the answer.  I am convinced that, with
a little hard work and smart planning, that College Hockey could
capitalize on the rise of hockey in this country.  But unless there is
leadership at the top, it won't happen.  Fans, make your voice heard, and
don't shut up until you get some kind of response.  It's up to us.  Let's
do it!!!!

Brian.
(GO UND FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!!)