From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 16:15:24 -0500
Is Blake a freshman? A feature article (subscribers only) on ESPNET
Sportszone seems to imply that UND can thank Ferris State for Blake. It
refers to Blake as a former "Bulldog" (Ferris State's mascot).

I see USA Today lists Blake as a freshman in their WCHA scoring leaders
which is why I had placed him on the list I compiled of the nation's leading
freshman scorers. That list never actually got posted to INFO-HOCKEY-L
due to the possibilities of its incompleteness.

Here's the list but keep in mind it may exclude players ... specifically Cory
Larose of Maine who is suspected of having around 16 pts but those
stats can't be verified on the net.
    Name                 School  G  A  PTS
1 - Blake, Jason         N.Dak. 10 13  23
2 - Edinger, Adam        B.G.    9  9  18
3 - McCullough, Brian    F.S.    8  9  17
4 - Bellefeuille, Blake  B.C.    8  8  16       <--- Tied with Larose?
5 - Koehler, Greg        Lowell  5  9  14
(Dusbabek-NotreDame, Ratchuk-BG, Andrews-WMU tied
 for 6th with 13 points each.)