From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 13:37:28 -0500
Boston University junior Chris Drury had a pretty special night. He scored
four goals ... two of which were shorthanded ... and one on a 4-on-4
situation. I've seen two B.U. games now and both were witness to
spectacular plays by this talented forward. I also am starting to hear
more and more about his work ethic. A friend of mine who was invited
on the team trip up to Clarkson and St. Lawrence was telling me that the
thing that strikes him about Drury is the kids work ethic. Practice
sessions show that this player is relentless in drills ... clearly showing a
determination and discipline not seen all that often. In quotes after last
nights game, B.U. coach Jack Parker was heard to say about his star
forward's work ethic that he hasn't seen anything like it in quite some
time. The game story on USCHO has a few Drury quotes and suggests
as does Drury that the "Juniors" experience earlier this year was a
wake-up call for himself ...  to bear down if he had any hopes of insuring
his competiveness at a world and/or pro level.

Colorado surely has gold in this draftee.

Drury's stats now total 20 goals and 30 points in 15 games .... a
2.00/Pts/Game average. He leads the nation in goals.

A look at my schedule shows that my beloved Lowell Riverhawks won't
be playing B.U. for another 6 weeks when they'll see them for the first of
3 games in 20 days. Hot tickets I'm sure. By the way, B.C.'s loss
solidifies Lowell's hold on third place and guarantees it beyond the game
against B.C. on 1/3.  UML won 6-4 at B.C on 11/1 and B.C. returned the
favor at Lowell 8-4 on 11/2.

UPDATED HOCKEY EAST STANDINGS (until 1/3/97)
Team    Gp  W L T   Pts
UNH     10 10 0 0   20
BU       9  8 0 1   17
UML     10  6 4 0   12