From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1991 17:58:07 GMT
I would also like to know how the referee could have interpreted Greyerbiehl's
actions as leaving the bench during an altercation.  If penalties had
already been handed out by the referee, then it sounds as if the altercation
was over.  Thus, rule 6.28a no longer applies.  It doesn't sound to me like
a judgment call, it sounds like an improper application of the rules, and
that is something the executive committee should overturn.  But not having
seen the incident, there's no way to know whether another altercation had
broken out or what.

- mike