From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 18:21:46 -0800
Charlie Shub wrote:

> No, Sean, thee only sheet of ice within 75 miles of their campus that
> has stands for more than 250 people is at the Air Force Academy.
> Until the money brokers in town get the new arena built, CC has no
> choice but to play at the academy.

Just because CC has to play their home games at Air Force does not mean that they have to play
*Air Force*.  I doubt that Air Force has demanded that CC play them as long as they use the rink
at the academy.  It is far more likely that Air Force has an agreement with CC to let them rent
the rink for so many hours per day/week/season.

As for the CC-AF series, the two teams have been playing each other for far longer than the past
few years.  I do not have a CC or AF media guide, but I know the two teams played a home-and-home
series in 1985-86 and 1986-87.  In 1987-88 and 1988-89 the series was reduced to one game a year,
whith the home team alternating.  I believe that CC and AF have played once every year since.

As I said, I doubt CC is being 'forced' by Air Force to continue the series.  Still, I hope that
it will always continue.  Besides being a local rivalry, it is one of only a handful of series
between schools which are in the same city.

--
Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions