From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 17:51:07 -0800
Greenie wrote:

> For example, last year's Beanpot MVP, Ken Rausch, was a walk-on at
> BU his freshman year. Made two apperances in games his freshman year,
> both brief. As a high school senior he was told that chances of his
> playing for the team were slim to none. His first year, he rarely
> dressed. Over the years he worked his butt off, and last year was a
> significant facor in BU's success.

Ken actually played 11 games his freshman year.  Below are the year-by-year statistics for his
four years at BU:

YEAR        GP      G      A    PTS    PPG   GWG     PM
1994-95     37     12     12     24     1     1      3/6
1993-94     31      6      9     15     1     1      2/4
1992-93     18      7      5     12     0     0      6/12
1991-92     11      0      2      2     0     0      0/0
Totals      97     25     28     53     2     2     11/22

Also, I remember Ken playing a regular shift his first two games, as they were at the Auld Lang
Syne Tournament at Dartmouth and 3 Terriers were at the World Juniors that year  (Trivia: Who
were they?  If you really wish to know, please e-mail me) and two were injured.  The other 9
games were played during the last third of the season.  By the way, Ken was born on 26 March
1973, so he was 18 when he entered BU and 22 when he graduated.

--
Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions