From:
Dick Tuthill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 May 1995 10:06:48 EDT
        In an article in the Hartford Courant,  Dom Amore reports that
Fox-TV has said that the ratings for their first five weeks of NHL
hockey have been 18 percent higher than what ABC acheived during the
preceding season.   That is just unbelievable,  and can only bode well
for future TV coverage of the college game.   Note also that the NHL is
now talking about expanding to cities that do not have much hockey in their
culture.   I'm wondering should that happen,  if we will get to see some
of the multitudes of club programs at universities converted to varsity
status,  gender equity issues notwithstanding.

        On a completely unrelated topic,  I note that Shawn Walsh continues
to pop up now and again as a candidate for various coaching positions.
Does anyone on the list think it likely that he may jump to the NHL
sometime in the near future?   It would seem to be a logical step.

        -- Dick Tuthill