From:
Nathan S Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 23:51:09 -0500
Arthur wrote that Nan was confusing Jr. B with Jr. A, When in fact Arthur was
confusing Junior hockey with MAJOR JUNIOR. As mentioned major junior is either
the QMJHL, OHL, WHL. If one really delves into the rosters of NHL teams, they
will find that the OHL sends the most players to the NHL.Jr Hockey in the US
is probably the one way that many college players have taken on their journey
through the leagues. A player myself who was faced with the question of playing
juniors before going to school, I chose to go straight out of high school to
college. Unfortunately, the program I was to play for, St. Bonaventure Univ.,
was cut just before my graduation date. I wished looking back on it that I did
play jrs. instead of trying to make the step straight into college. I, like
many highschool players, was un-educated as far as the *best* hockey decsions
for me. Now having transfered schools to play club hockey and sitting out a
season have realized that either Prep School Hockey or Junior Hockey is the way
to go before college. The college game is much faster and stronger than most
people think, it takes dedication, development, and hard work to become some-
thing. Many people do not even get to fulfill their childhood dreams of skating
in the NHL.Just a note, if a player is not sure what to do, think before you
jump so to say, with all the NC$$ restrictions, one bad move can wreck a great
potential college career. Be carefuland talk to some one who can lay it down
straight. Best of luck and sorry for the length,

Nathan Bennett
#4 West Virginia Univ./St. Bonaventure next season