From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1991 23:56:50 EDT
Tom Hancock writes (about the ECAC coaches' poll):
>1. Clarkson (9)              141
>2. St. Lawrence (2)          127
>3. Cornell (1)               118
[...]

Well, well.  I'm guessing that Cornell's first-place vote came from Vermont
coach Mike Gilligan, who always seems to put the Big Red in the top slot in
these polls.  I have no idea why, especially since his team always beats up
on Cornell in the last week of the season.

Some interesting results.  Personally, I'd put Cornell a little lower and
Union a little higher. (which reminds me, how is our all-seeing, all-knowing
Hockey-L poll coming along?)  I can't argue with the selection of the Golden
Knights, though.  It looks like That Damn Band won't be any easier to live
--
Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and probably '94

"Tips for Gals: 13 Common First-Date Warning Signs That a Guy Might Be a Jerk:
"6.  He wants to take you to a hockey game."
-- _Dave Barry's Guide to Marriage and/or Sex_