From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 22:24:48 -0600
> The teams are actually tied, i.e., they are within .01 of each other in this
> week's RPICH, with Minnesota slightly ahead.  Last week, the teams were also
> tied, with a slight lead to CC.  Last weekend's games didn't cause enough
> movement in the ratings to break the tie.

an important point for everyone to remember when looking at the ratings.

> The WCHA could consider a different playoff arrangement, such dropping the
> bottom two teams from the playoffs.  That way, the regular season champion
> would start off against #8 rather than #10.  Of course, #4 would then face
> #5 in the first round.  So it goes. :-)

I think this would be a good move, for two reasons:
    1) the subjective idea that not every team should make the playoffs
    2) eliminating the thursday night game. The #4 or #5 team has
       a *much* tougher time winning the tournament than #1-3.
       All they have to do is win 2 games. THe #4/#5 team has two
       win 3 important games on three consecutive days.

> Bottom line:  if CC keeps winning games, CC has nothing to worry about.

which also applies to everyone else in their respective tournaments...
Good luck everyone (except of course Denver, who Wisonsin plays
on Friday afternoon, and whoever they play on Saturday)!

        --david