From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 16:05:21 EST
Yes, Princeton tied Colby, and it was the game immediately following Maine
after a layoff for Christmas and New Year's.  Princeton outshot them 40-22
and their goalie stood on his head.  For one game, he thought he was Blair
Allison.  No excuses for Princeton, they still should have won, but give
them a break.

   Also, Princeton was hardly harmless when they beat Maine.  At the time,
and until losing to Vermont on Jan. 7, Princeton had the longest unbeaten
streak in the country, including a 9-1 win over RPI.  Yes, Princeton played
the perfect game, but they were playing nothing but perfect games at the
time.  They are not as good as that streak indicates, but they are better
than their 9-6-3 record after losing their first four games.  Maine didn't
play poorly in that game.  I know it's hard to believe, and I don't blame
everyone, but Princeton ain't bad.  Hey, they may flop again down the
stretch, but I don't think so this time.
     Maine deserves to be number one.  I can't see any justification for
them not being there.