From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 1994 09:57:00 EDT
Sorry for being so late with this.  And, the list is much lamer
than I originally intended.  I bit off too much this time.  At least
it's a start.  If anyone would like to take responsibility from
here to maintain and enhance the list, PLEASE do.  I don't
have the time needed to make this list another valuable
Hockey-L resource.

For booster groups, I simply listed their address and [name]
of the publication if known.  Since you have to be member
to receive their newsletter [usually], I recommend writing to the
booster group directly.  And...I'm sure this list can be
supplemented.  There must be more booster pubs out there.

One thing I didn't list that may be worthwhile is the address
for obtaining each of the four Div I conference media guides.

Btw...for the national publications, I tried to list the contents as
described in their literature.

Enjoy.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan

  --------------------

COLLEGE HOCKEY PUBLICATIONS

[A] NATIONAL PUBLICATIONS

  COLLEGE HOCKEY GUIDE
  Athletic Guide Publishing
  POBox 1050
  Flagler Beach FL 32136-1050
  [800]255-1050 or [904]439-2250
  editor: Thomas E Keegan
  approx cost: $20.00+ / annual publication [January] / softcover
  1993-94 issue contained:
     NCAA, ACHA, NJCAA, CIAU, CCAA, CLUB, Complete Guide to Men's
     and Women's Ice Hockey, Contacts for 500 Teams & 30 Leagues in
     500+ Pages, Admissions & SAT Test Requirements, Scholarship &
     Financial Aid Information, NCAA Eligibility & Letter of Intent
     Information, Rosters, Schedules, Records & Rink Information,
     Player Statistics, College Selection Guidelines &
     Recommendations.

  DROP THE PUCK DIVISION I COLLEGE HOCKEY YEARBOOK
  DROP THE PUCK DIVISION I COLLEGE HOCKEY WEEKLY UPDATE
  Blueline Publishing
  POBox 8686
  Minneapolis MN 55408-0686
  [612]825-4663
  publisher/editor: Kerby W Meyers
  cost: $4.95 / annual yearbook / newsprint with glossy color cover
        $40.00 / 23 weekly issues / late Oct thru NCAAs / newsprint
  yearbook contains:
     Analysis on all members of the CCHA, ECAC, WCHA & Hockey East,
     as well as the major independents, 1994-95 rosters &
     schedules, Final 1993-94 statistics, much more.
  weekly update contains:
     In-depth feature stories on the stars and standouts, Boxscores
     and game summaries from around the country, Up-to-date
     statistics, Unmatched postseason coverage.

  INTERCOLLEGIATE HOCKEY NEWSLETTER
  13 Oxford Rd
  N Billerica MA 01862-1606
  [800]388-4758
  publisher/editor: David B Erickson
  approx cost: $25.00 / 12 issues Oct thru Apr / paperstock
  contains:
     Discussion on each team, schedules, standings, statistical
     leaders.  Originally published by Don T Birkmayer [Troy NY]
     for 40 years.

  U.S. COLLEGE HOCKEY MAGAZINE
  POBox 3475 / 37 Trask Rd
  Peabody MA 01960
  [508]531-4311 / [508]531-2424 fax
  publisher: David J McDougall
  editor: Don Cameron
  cost: $40.00 / ?? issues Oct thru Apr / glossy with some color
        price includes copy of 1994-95 COLLEGE HOCKEY GUIDE [above]
  planning to contain:
     Stunning action photography, in-depth interviews, features,
     commentary, game stories, players to watch, standings, stats,
     and much, much more.  Plan to expand coverage of Division 1
     college hockey and widen coverage of women's college hockey,
     Canadian college hockey, Division 2-3 hockey and club hockey.

[B] LOCAL PUBLICATIONS

  BEULAH'S BUGLE [Bowling Green State University]
  Majic Pyramid Productions
  issued irregularly

  THE BIG RED WHAT? [Cornell University]
  c/o Greg Berge
  17 Cross St #2R
  Malden MA 02148
  publishers/editors: Anne M Baseler & Greg R Berge [[log in to unmask]]

  BLUE ICE [The University of Michigan/CCHA/NCAA]
  POBox 4343
  Ann Arbor MI 48106-4343
  publisher/editor: John Haeussler [[log in to unmask]]

[C] BOOSTER CLUBS WITH PUBLICATIONS

  UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA FAIRBANKS
  UAF Hockey Face-off Club [THE NANOOK NEWS]
  POBox 81043
  Fairbanks AK 99708-1043

  CORNELL UNIVERSITY
  The Cornell Hockey Boosters Association [FACEOFF]
  POBox 4265
  Ithaca NY 14852

  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY
  The Bulldog Club/Blueliners [BLUELINER]
  Ferris State University
  Ewigleben Ice Arena
  Big Rapids MI 49307

  UNIVERSITY OF MAINE
  Friends of Maine Hockey [FoMH NEWSLETTER]
  c/o Penobscot Times
  POBox 568
  Old Town ME 04468

  UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
  The Dekers Blue Line Club [INSIDE THE GOAL CREASE]
  POBox 2065
  Ann Arbor MI 48106-2065

  MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
  MSU Blue Line Club [MSU BLUE LINE NEWSLETTER]
  POBox 804
  East Lansing MI 48826-0804

  MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
  Michigan Tech Blueline Club [MICHIGAN TECH BLUE LINERS]
  Houghton MI 49931

  UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
  Friends of UNH Hockey Inc
  POBox 298
  Durham NH 03824

  RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE
  Alumni Sports & Recreation Center [Rensselaer LET'S GO RED]
  Troy NY 12180-3590

[D] MISCELLANEOUS

  AMERICAN HOCKEY MAGAZINE
  2997 Broadmoor Valley Rd
  Colorado Springs CO 80906
  publication of USA Hockey

  HOCKEY BLACK BOOK
  SPECTRUM SPORTS COMMUNICATIONS INC
  POBox 40847
  St Petersburg FL 33743
  [813]381-5147 / [813]345-0954 fax
  Advertisement:
     The most comprehensive directory of professional and
     collegiate hockey personnel.  NHL, Minors, Juniors, Colleges.
     [Write for a free brochure.  I've never seen it.]

  NCAA PUBLISHING
  POBox 7347
  Overland Park KS 66207-0347
  [913]339-1900

  THE HOCKEY NEWS
  POBox 904
  Buffalo NY 1420-9947

  THE SPORTING NEWS COMPLETE HOCKEY BOOK
  POBox 11229
  Des Moines IA 50340
  [800]825-8505 / [515]246-6933 fax

[E] INTERNET AND TELEPHONE RESOURCES

  HOCKEY-L
  College Hockey Discussion List
  [log in to unmask] [administrator]
  SUBSCRIBE HOCKEY-L <name> <school> to [log in to unmask]

  HOCKEY3
  NCAA Division II-III Discussion List

  TEAMLINE 1-800-846-4700
     5418 Army