Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 91 21:02:26 EST
Dean Barker talks about not discussing athletes' personal lives here . . .

A couple of points, Dean:

* The three players were involved in this incident on a sports trip that was
  sponsored by the team. It IS related to the team as much as if Roger Clemens
  got into a fight while on a road trip with the Boston Red Sox and ended up
  in jail.

* Sports figures are considered limited public figures to the same extent that
  many elected officials and celebrities are. As such, they have no recourse,
  in the eyes of the law, if defamatory things are written about them in the
  press as long as what is written is true.

I think this incident SHOULD be reported in the press for the combination of
reasons listed above. (It made the Boston Globe today as well.)

Oh, well, that's my $0.02 -- with a generous tip.

Cheers,
-Josh