From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 13:19:12 MDT
Pam writes:
> G. M. Finniss writes:
> > Colorado College's order of finish
> > will be determined by what would have been their playoff position had they
> > been eligible for postseason.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the NC$$ punishment of CC does NOT suspend them from
> postseason play next year.  Although I would think that someone more sure of
> their facts than I (where are you cdash???) will pipe up.  The NC$$
> went pretty easy on 'em because the violations were relatively
> minor, were self-reported, and the coach responsible is gone.

as far as i know, pam is correct (as usual)

penalties (as noted in an earlier posting of mine)

* elim vol coach at least 1 yr
* limit official visits for 1 year
* limits to off campus recruiting for 1 yr
* 1 yr probation
* comprehensive compliance education program
* recertification of of current policies and practices

and there were some specific sanctions on the coach.

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369