"UNION::WEISEA" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UNION::WEISEA
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 1994 15:17:00 EST
Well, this is an interesting thought. It goes along the lines of the b-ball
tourney where the top teams in each region don't have a first round bye.

I agree with this idea, but we'd have to consider one thing. The #17, 18, etc.
teams (who get left out) will gripe about not making it, also. Like Colorado
College this year, there will be teams that get the shaft. My point is: whateversize we (sorry, the NC$$) decide on, there's always going to be a couple teams
that will complain about the process. Although a 16 team tourney this year
would have almost for sure included CC, St. Cloud and Clarkson, this would have
been a "more legitimate" (for lack of a better phrase) tournament. This is
not to say that the existing tourney isn't! :-)

Other than that, I see no problem with 16 teams. Now, all the NC$$ has to do
is listen to us, right? :-) (Sorry.)

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93
Union College '9?
[log in to unmask]     [log in to unmask]
Let's Go Tech!!            Let's Go U!!