From:
Harvey Sernovitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harvey Sernovitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 1994 22:28:13 -0600
The Badgers managed to sweep the University of Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves
tonight, by a score of 4-3 in overtime.  UW scored two in the first period
on goals by Jason Zent.  In the second, they scored another by Max
Williams.  Then with about ten minutes into the third period, UAA came back
and scored two goals within a minute.  With about six minutes left, UAA put
another puck behind Wisconsin second-stringer Kirk Daubenspeck (Is that the
name of another microbrewery--Daubenspeck?).  Forty-one seconds into the
overtime period after an initial UAA attack in the Badger zone, Max
Williams sent the puck careening past Luke Perry look-alike Davis.

In the second period, there was a shot that (from my point of view) was
clearly over the line which could have resulted in an Alaska goal.  Well,
as we say at the Coliseum, the refs are blind and deaf, and for the
Wisconsin fans, their blindness and deafness at that point was great.

Question:  If the goalie leaves the crease to retrieve a puck behind the
goal, for example, can he be checked or is that a penalty?

WOOF:  WCHA final five in MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN.  18,000 people yelling SIEVE.
Need I say more...

Harvey Sernovitz