From:
Kenny Zalewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 1994 07:43:30 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Dale W. Loudenback <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Does anyone have the box from Fridays RPI/St.Lawrence game.  According to
>the Saturday Albany Times Box Scores, ASKEW received a game misconduct,
>not a misconduct but a "game misconduct", yet he played Saturday night.
>I can't believe the Albany Times would make a mistake like that.

There is no mistake.  Under NCAA rules, a game misconduct does not require
the offender to sit out the next game.  A player would need to incur a
disqualification penalty (which includes a 5-minute major) in order to
sit out the following game.

Askew first received a major penalty for cross-checking.  Then he argued
the call, and Cerbo gave him a 10-minute misconduct.  Askew continued to
argue, so he incurred a game misconduct.  He could no longer play in the
current game, but was definitely eligible to skate in the following game.

Hope that clears things up.           -- kennyz

--
Kenny Zalewski -- Computer Science Department; Intramural Department
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 83 Albright Court, Troy, NY, 12180