From:
Steve Moerland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Moerland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1993 16:04:18 EST
    Hello from the Bluegrass!  I may be stuck hockeyless in Kentucky, but I
did have season tix at Michigan State for 5 seasons and have seen Mr.
Piotrowski and the Shegos brothers work many times.
    I never saw much of a problem with either of the Shegos'.  They both seemed
to me to call fairly consistent games whether at linesman or referee.  The only
problem I had was that I never knew which was which.  Piotrowski, on the other
hand, has never, in my experience, called a consistent game.  Maybe it is only
games in which MSU plays that this is the case, but I do know Lake State fans
who think the same way about him.  Perhaps the most damning indictment of him
came from the Munn arena crowd a couple of years back when they started
chanting "We want Fisher."  Any of you who remember back when Mr. Fisher
called CCHA games will understand just how much of an insult that chant is.
    On another note, can anyone at MSU or elsewhere tell me what happened to
Anson Carter in the first month of the season?  This last week has been
incredible but where was he earlier?   Was he injured?  Trying out for the
Canadian Olympic team?  Simply ineffective?  Jeez, I hate being away from
hockey.
           --SGM